Occupational Lead – Rehabilitation Case Manager
Salary: £31,000 – £36,000 (FTE)
Hours: Hours per week: 22.5 – 30
Location: Croydon / Manchester / Home Based
HCML was established in 2003 and is a leading service provider in the rehabilitation and case management arena. Providing services to the insurance, corporate and legal sectors, HCML assists injured and ill individuals to recover and return to work or their pre-injury condition. We are passionate about ensuring that everyone who requires rehabilitation in the UK has access to quality, effective, co-ordinated services. We deliver added value to our clients by facilitating both speedy recovery and strong clinical outcomes, including managing appropriate treatment and care.
Job Title: Occupational Lead – Rehabilitation Case Manager
Location: Initially home-based until business return to office in 2021. Then, Croydon Head Office / Manchester Office / Home-Based (office/home working flexibility)
Hours: 22.5 – 30 hours per week (3-4 days)
Salary: £31,000 – £36,000 (FTE) dependant on experience
Reports To: Senior Clinical Services Manager & Medical Director
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in our Corporate Health team for an Occupational Therapist with experience in mental health care to join as an Occupational Lead Rehabilitation Case Manager. The successful applicant will play a key role in delivering quality absence management services and will join the supervisory and governance team within the Corporate Health department at HCML (covering services in: Corporate absence management and return to work, private medical, and general insurance rehabilitation markets).
- Deliver clinically-excellent remote assessment and case management services to portfolio of HCML customers (with future in-person assessment delivery a potential pathway)
- Provide first-line response services to major incidents reported by HCML’s customers
- Effectively manage an open casebook, contributing to management of cases as part of a multidisciplinary team and achieving fantastic clinical (inc. return to work) outcomes
- Clinically lead developments (such as with proof of value / return on investment work) within HCML’s absence management and return to work services, working closely alongside Rehabilitation Consultants, the Corporate Health management team and HCML’s Medical Director
- Work collaboratively with HCML Rehabilitation Consultants on clinical governance work that ensures market-leading clinical case management standards are delivered to HCML customers across Corporate Health service lines
- Ensure Corporate Health services are aligned to clinical best practice in health and social care, and with regulatory (or legislative) guidelines
- Work effectively with HCML’s Medical Director, Senior Clinical Services Manager and Head of Corporate Health Services to support with other priority clinical governance work and reporting
- Provide expert support and clinical supervision to Corporate Health staff and to guide customers on appropriate service lines – acting as overflow to our management helpline where required
The role requires applicants to be self-driven, possess high levels of organisation, written & verbal communication, and attention to detail in a busy, clinical and customer service environment. The role would suit an experienced clinician who is looking to apply themselves in a lead, supervisory role, and who is eager to contribute to shaping the future of our service delivery, developing service governance and management skills in the process.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Occupational Therapist with associated degree qualification (Masters desirable)
- Current HCPC registration
- 5+ years’ experience in delivering hands-on Occupational Therapy (or similar)
- Demonstrable experience with managing acute, ongoing and diverse mental health conditions
- Similar levels of experience with management of physical health disorders
- Experience with providing clinical supervision
- Previous clinical governance experience (desirable)
- Previous customer management (account) experience (desirable)
- Proven ability to provide first-line clinical response services to major incidents (desirable)
- Ability to deliver clinically-excellent, comprehensive assessments (in absence management & return to work-centred services)
- Ability to provide thorough and appropriate pathway advice (signposting) and to prescribe effective and safe management recommendations
- Client-focussed clinician able to effectively engage other clinicians and key stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to work flexibly, as a team and independently
- Aptitude to critically assess clinical performance and support or supervise others to improved outcomes or performance
- Ability to identify trends and to appropriately develop educational materials to support effective outcomes across a team
- Eagerness to commit to continued professional development and the skill to widely influence other clinicians
- Comfortable with data analysis and insight generation
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- 33 days holiday including public holidays pro rata
- Funding contribution for Professional Memberships
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Regular team/company social events (under regular operating circumstances)
If you’re excited by this opportunity and feel that you’re a good fit for the role and to HCML’s vision, please contact us for further information. When applying, please provide a cover letter that details primary reasons for your application and an overview of your relevant experience as per the person specification.
HCML is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks.