David Edmund Talbot Garman OBE, the founder, former Chairman and previous owner of Mangar International Ltd, who will be 95 years old next May, has – with the help of his eldest son, Rupert, who is an international commercial lawyer – obtained a U.K. patent, for David E. T. Garman Concepts Ltd, for his latest product, which already has trademark protection as the “AIR CRADLE” patient transfer system.
It is thought that this particular invention may be his best yet, though, as a leading British inventor, he was awarded the British Healthcare Trades Association´s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007 and was honoured – for services to the healthcare industry – by H.M. Queen Elizabeth II in the New Year’s Honours List 2015. He was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (“O.B.E.”), an honour he formally received from H.M. Queen Elizabeth II at an investiture at Windsor Castle on 17 July 2015.
David E. T. Garman Concepts Ltd is the corporate assignee of David´s intellectual property and was founded, at Rupert´s suggestion, back in September 2013.
It is envisaged that the manufacture and global sale, etc, of the revolutionary “AIR CRADLE” patient transfer system will be licensed to a suitable global healthcare company or companies.
The key benefits of the “AIR CRADLE” patient transfer system include its:
- potentially low cost
- great value for money
- tremendous comfort for patients, including those requiring particularly delicate handling and transfer
- potential availability in a range of useful sizes (e.g. small, medium, large, bariatric – depending on patient size)
- potential availability with a toileting aperture option
- remarkable ease of use
- effect of always having the “AIR CRADLE” under the patient and on a bed or chair meaning that one avoids: (a) the carer having to lift the patient; or (b) the risk to the patient of being suspended above the ground
- impressive speed of use
- cleanliness and ease to keep clean
- quietness of use, including from its very quiet and unique air compressor
- ease of storage in a very small space
- exceptionally light weight – the “AIR CRADLE” weighs just 3 kg!
- remarkably easy portability, including up stairs, in luggage, etc.
- easy transportation, e.g. in the boot of a very small car or on a bike
For further information, please contact:
Rupert Talbot-Garman, Managing Director, David E. T. Garman Concepts Ltd – the corporate assignee of the I.P. and I.P. rights of David Edmund Talbot Garman OBE